ALERT: Active Duty TA and the Potential Government Shutdown. The Anti-deficiency Act prohibits Federal agencies from incurring obligations that are in advance of or exceed an approved appropriation (budget). This will affect TA-funded courses from 10/1/2023 through the duration of any potential shutdown. TA requests will be canceled daily during the government shutdown. Students who choose to remain enrolled in their 8-week-2 courses at VPCC will run the risk of being responsible for paying tuition and fees out of pocket. In order for TA to be requested again once the shutdown is lifted, service members need to abide by the deadline requirements (below):
- 海军 & Coast Guard - TA requests must be submitted no later than 14 days before the start of the term; this would be 10/4/2023 (at the latest)
- 海军陆战队, Air Force, and Army - TA requests must be submitted no later than 7 days before the start of the term; this would be 10/11/2023 (at the latest)
Please get in touch with VPCC Military & Veteran Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Welcome to the Military & Veteran Services! For over 50 years, Virginia Peninsula Community College has proudly served the military community. Our staff is here to assist you with questions regarding your VA Benefits and 学费 Assistance. Stop by to meet with a Military & Veteran Services Representative or use our lounge area to study, 放松, grab a snack or coffee, and socialize with fellow student soldiers or veterans.
Brandie, Kathy, David, and Emilia look forward to seeing you!
On the right side of this page, there are links to take you to information for:
- Service Members
- 配偶 & Dependents
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Credit2Careers and Transfer Credit
- Additional Resources for the Military Population
- Our Team
- Hampton Campus: Wythe Hall, Room 253
- Historic Triangle Campus: Suite 117 (call for availability)
We want to hear from you!
Please complete our Military & Veteran Services Student Interest Survey to let us know what you would like to see offered by our office. Your input will help us create events and activities that will better serve you.